Book Overview & Market Performance
Collectible Facts & Figures
Author: Leroux, Gaston
Publication date: 1911
Country: New York, Indianapolis United States
Publisher: The Bobbs-Merrill Company
Points of collection interest
- This, the presumed first issue variant dust jacket design with the Phantom on the bell tower and not the stairwell; one of only two known copies of this variant and one of only three or four total known copies of the book to have retained its dust jacket.
First Edition Points
- Color frontispiece and four 2-page color illustrations by Andre Castaigne.
- 8vo, original pictorial brown cloth, front cover and spine stamped in white and blind
- New York: Bobbs-Merrill Company, (1911)
- Imprint of "Press of Braunworth & Co. Bookbinders and Printers Brooklyn, N.Y." at the foot of the copyright page.
About Bobby Index Predictions for this Book
- Based off 1911 US Edition (First)
- No Dust Jacket
Available copies online